Mississauga Arts Council (MAC) is seeking experienced Arts Reporters to cover local Mississauga arts news and events in engaging video reports.
Number of Positions: Up to three (3) positions available
Position Type: Freelance Contract
Term: 6 months (renewable)
Time Commitment: Estimate 4-8 hours per month
Application Deadline: ongoing*
Start Date: November 2022
Pay to reporters: $150 per story package^
About this Work Opportuntity:
We are currently looking for a reporter/journalist who can produce two (2) to three (3) video reports per month covering arts news and events in Mississauga. The position would require the reporter/journalist to attend events as assigned by MAC and produce a story package of content.
Each story package^ contains the following:
- One (1) video report or segment (2-5 minutes for a story)
- One (1) short blog post (1-2 paragraphs) to accompany the video when posted
- Minimum of one (1) social media posts to accompany the video when posted
- All content will be posted on MartysHUB.com & Martys HUB social media (YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram) on a schedule to be determined by MAC.
We are looking for candidates who boast the following:
- Experience interviewing sources & creating engaging video news stories
- Familiarity with on-camera reporting
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok)
- Consistent access to a reliable vehicle (while this is a work-from-home position, candidates will be required to attend arts events and film interviews in-person across the city)
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as stories demand
- Reliably able to meet tight deadlines
- A university degree or college diploma in journalism (preferred)
- Ability to cover a beat and find stories (preferred)
- Candidates who live in Mississauga (or who have a connection to Mississauga) are preferred.
*Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Initially 3-4 candidates will be selected as Martys HUB Reporters, but we encourage applicants to apply as more positions might be available in the future. We would like to thank all interested candidates, only those that are invited for an interview will be contacted.
^Please see story package contents in the About this Position Section of posting.
MAC is committed to ensuring the value of diversity is upheld in everything that we do for our members, employees, volunteers, and the broader community. MAC welcomes and supports all people, regardless of ability, age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, or beliefs. It is incumbent upon MAC staff and volunteers to share the responsibility of creating and maintaining an environment of mutual respect and support.
Applicants who require accessibility support can contact, in confidence, Susan Durnin, firstname.lastname@example.org to make accommodations.