MAC is seeking a temporary part-time TikTok & Reel Content Creator for a 6 month contract position.
Deadline: Monday, December 5, 2022 at 9 AM
Date Posted: November 17, 2022
Expected Start Date: December 13, 2022
Expected End Date: June 15, 2023
Application Deadline: December 5th at 9:00 AM
Term: Temporary part-time, $25/hr, 16/hr a week, 6 month contract Salary: $25 per hour, 16/hr a week for 6 months
Office Hours*: 16/hrs a week (Tuesday to Thursday, 1 PM – 5 PM)
Location^: MAC’s office is located in Mississauga City Hall, 300 City Centre Dr Suite 1055, Mississauga, ON, L5B 3C9
*Please note, this position will require covering MAC member and community events as well as some of MAC’s events outside of designated work hours including evenings and weekends.
^This position will require travel to locations in Mississauga to capture events and artist interviews. As such, a valid G driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle is required. MAC will cover the cost of mileage of $.50/km.
Successful candidates must have access to their own computer and phone. MAC will provide the software needed to complete work and can provide camera/video equipment along with a greenscreen studio.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individual to join our talented team and make a difference in the vibrant arts community in Mississauga as a TikTok & Reel Content Creator. This versatile creator will use their skills to ideate, plan, record, and publish content about the thriving Mississauga arts community for TikTok and Instagram Reel platforms on Martys HUB channels. Founded in 2021 by MAC, MartysHUB.com connects Mississauga artists, arts organizations and businesses to the public, featuring artist profiles in a searchable directory, news, events, articles, video, and more. Martys HUB offers engaging online encounters between professional artists in Mississauga and the community. The successful candidate will work alongside MAC’s creative team of multimedia, creative strategists and communications professionals to continue to elevate our short-form storytelling content. We’re looking for a team player and bright mind to help shape the future of digital content for Martys HUB.
With guidance from the Creative Director & Strategist and Communications Producer, the TikTok & Reel Content Creator will:
- Create TikTok and Instagram Reel’s using content from event coverage from MAC’s artist member events and community and Martys HUB’s product and services.
- Produce, film, edit and post TikTok videos and Instagram Reel’s for Martys HUB TikTok and Instagram accounts.
- Edit previously filmed video content into TikTok videos and Instagram Reels for use on Martys HUB digital platforms.
- Keep up to date with the latest TikTok and Instagram Reel trends and share learnings.
- Participate in regular content brainstorms with the MAC creative team.
- Assist with other administrative tasks as needed.
- 1-2 years of professional experience utilizing social media platforms with a creative focus on TikTok and Instagram.
- Strong knowledge of what performs well on each platform and what doesn’t.
- Passion for experimenting on social media platforms.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Knowledge about digital marketing and current content trends.
- Eg: Trending songs, trending transition edits, trending topics “Life Is Good”, “I’m Just Getting Started.”, etc.
- Production experience with lighting, camera/tripod set up.
- Experience using a DSLR camera.
- Expertise using editing software.
- Valid G Driver’s License and reliable access to a vehicle. MAC will cover mileage costs of $.50/km.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud including Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with using Canva to create digital content.
- Proficiency with social media scheduling platforms such as Hootsuite and Creators Studio.
- Experience interviewing individuals/artists
- Experience working at a non-profit, preferably in the arts and culture sector.
How to apply:
Please email the following items with the subject line – TikTok & Reel Content Creator to Sherri Murray at email@example.com.
- Cover letter referencing why you wish to work with MAC
- Resume/CV outlining your skills and experience
- 3 samples of TikTok/Reel content and/or attachments or links to previous social media content creation. Can include (but not limited to) social media video clips, photo/video work, etc.
Application Deadline: Monday, December 5 at 9 AM.
MAC is committed to ensuring the value of diversity is upheld in everything that we do for our members, employees, volunteers, and the broader community. MAC welcomes and supports all people, regardless of ability, age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, or beliefs. It is incumbent upon MAC staff and volunteers to share the responsibility of creating and maintaining an environment of mutual respect and support. Priority will be given to Mississauga-based applicants. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.