Date Posted: Sep 14, 2021
Application Deadline: Sep 28, 2021
Start Date: Oct 04, 2021
Hourly From: $15/hr To $20/hr
Region: Peel Region
Employee Benefits: N/A
Organization’s Field/Discipline: The Arts
Job’s focus: Creative & Administrative
Job Type: Full-time
Career Level: Intermediate
Crescent Hill Gallery
Crescent Hill Gallery proudly celebrates the works and talents of living Canadian artists. Exquisite works of art are offered in oil, acrylic and mixed media, and are further enhanced by our award-winning framing. For the past 25 years, the Crescent Hill team has been instrumental in bringing enjoyment and beauty into the homes of its discerning patrons. Satisfying a broad price spectrum, Crescent Hill Gallery offers a solid cross-section of work created by both emerging and established artists. Cherished for their reputation of providing a professional, objective opinion and exceptional value. Their dedication has resulted in a fiercely loyal client base.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- handling all daily aspects of gallery operations including managing and handling inventory of original artwork
- photographing and documenting artwork
- in-home consultations with clients across the GTA (vehicle provided)
- selling original art to collectors online through email correspondence and social media platforms
- proactively generating new business through email, phone, mail and in-person
- create and send out email newsletters weekly with engaging themes that invite clients to respond
- update and maintain the website and all social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- design marketing and advertising material, create advertising campaigns and assist to organize spring and fall group shows
- work all exhibitions (2-3 per year, evening events)
- wire, frame and hang artwork as needed
- generate sales reports
* Qualified applicants must be available to work on weekends, have a valid G drivers license and their own vehicle. They must be capable of performing tasks that are physically demanding (such as packing and shipping artwork, hanging heavy framed pieces, standing on a ladder, and setting up for events).
* A large part of this position is related to sales and as such priority will be given to applicants who have prior luxury retail experience.
This is an hourly and commission-based sales position. The commission will be granted at the end of a three-month probationary period.
The ideal candidate will:
- have 3-5 years of proven high-end/luxury retail sales experience
- be confident in approaching collectors/clients and closing sales
- be capable of providing exceptional customer service to upscale clientele in a professional manner
- be comfortable following up with multiple clients at any given time via phone or email
- have a passion for the visual arts and an interest in learning
- be comfortable maintaining professional relationships with gallery artists
- have experience with framing original works of art
Necessary qualifications include:
- excellent computer knowledge including experience with Mac OS, database management systems, Adobe Suite, Constant Contact and Basecamp. *some of this can be learned on the job*
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- high attention to detail and accuracy
- ability to help organize and plan large scale gallery events
- proven experience with successful social media campaigns (Facebook, Instagram & Twitter)
- being available to work weekends and some evenings
$19/hour plus commission after 3-month probation
About our gallery:
Crescent Hill Gallery proudly celebrates the works and talents of Canadian artists. Exquisite works of art are offered in oil, acrylic and mixed media, and are further enhanced by our award-winning framing. For the past 25 years, the Crescent Hill team has been instrumental in bringing enjoyment and beauty into the homes of its discerning collectors. Satisfying a broad price spectrum, Crescent Hill Gallery offers a solid cross-section of work created by both emerging and established artists. Cherished for their reputation of providing a professional, objective opinion and exceptional value, their dedication has resulted in a fiercely loyal collector base locally and internationally.
Come work with our committed team!
How to Apply:
Please submit your Cirriculum Vitae/Resume, list of references (professional and character if available) and cover letter to email@example.com