“Employment Opportunity – Executive Director, CreativeHub 1352
The Creative Hub 1352 is looking for a new Executive Director to lead our organization and manage the initiatives of the organization.
Who We Are
CreativeHub 1352 (The Hub) is a non-profit, charitable, community-driven organization that brings creative people together and strengthens community cultural development. The organization is a catalyst for change that fosters the advancement of creative endeavours, human potential, and place-making in communities.
Working with community partners, The Hub fosters year-round creative multi-disciplinary programming that spans the arts, culture, heritage, and environmental sciences, for the benefit of Mississauga residents and visitors.
CreativeHub 1352 works closely with the City of Mississauga (the owner of the SAIB) as a community programming partner. The Hub has plans for an exciting mix of programs, events and activities for the building and area in 2022/23. The Board of Directors has established a Selection Committee to conduct a search for our new Executive Director.
Role of the Executive Director
The Creative Hub 1352 Board of Directors are seeking an inspired, and inspiring, Executive Director who is excited to lead the organization through the delivery of its new strategic plan. Supervising a small team who oversee programs and operations; and regularly reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall operations, financial health, and day-to-day management of CreativeHub 1352. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of strategic forecasting, building strong relationships, and creating high-performing teams. The Executive Director must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, artists, educational institutions, community partners, corporate, government and donors and funders, as well as maintaining a strong presence in the community and arts sectors.
Leading a small staff team committed to nurturing activities through the arts, the Executive Director’s supportive and situational-based leadership style drives the financial management and budgeting, project management, policy development, fundraising, advocacy, marketing, and human resources of the organization.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and transformational leadership skills
- Balanced approach to operational efficiency, financial performance, and staff development
- Demonstrated success and strong skills in grant writing, fundraising and/or fiscal management
- Able to strengthen and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (city staff; municipal/provincial/federal politicians; the Board; staff; donors, partners, educational institutions
- Sound analytical and strategic planning abilities
- Demonstrated passion for community arts, heritage and environmental programming that is equitable, inclusive, and diverse. Minimum of one relevant post-secondary degree such as arts leadership/management, communications, or business, or an equivalent combination of education and three (3) years experience in a senior management role with experience in or knowledge of the not-for-profit sector
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. CreativeHub 1352 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diverse applicants to apply from all equity-seeking groups. The Hub welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request, for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Please send your resume to David Howes, one of our Board members, at firstname.lastname@example.org
6 Helene Street North
Mississauga, ON L5E 3B2 Canada