The City of Mississauga is looking for emerging Malton-based photographers and videographers, between the ages of 16-29, to participate in a temporary public art project in Malton. The project will take place from February to July 2022.
The lead artist is experimental architectural studio SHEEEP, who are creating a community engaged temporary public art project that addresses the climate crisis, the importance of greenspaces in urban settings, and explores what it means for a structure to respond to various environmental and contextual inputs.
This program will provide:
- An opportunity to develop your skills as a visual storyteller.
- The ability to learn from professionals working in public art, architecture, and creative industries.
Funding and budget
- Artist fee of $1,500
Who can apply
- Malton-based emerging photographers and videographers
- Between the ages of 16-29
- Interested in building a narrative through photography or film
- Post-production editing experiences a plus, but not required
- Review the submission guidelines for additional project details
Submissions will be accepted until Monday, January 10, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST