Ontario Creates IDM Fund
The Ontario Creates Interactive Digital Media (IDM) Fund is aimed at strengthening and stimulating economic growth in the interactive digital media sector by supporting the creation and commercialization of proprietary interactive content. The fund provides Ontario IDM content creation companies with funding for high quality, original, interactive digital media content projects for commercial exploitation that make a positive contribution to the Ontario economy.
The following information pertains to two programs in the fund:
· Concept Definition – Support for early-stage activities that take place prior to and assist the applicant company in preparing for full production of an interactive or video content project.
· Production – Support for the creation of a market-ready interactive or video content project that will be made publicly available to an audience.
The IDM Fund Production and Concept Definition programs consist of two streams:
· Interactive Content (Non-Linear) – Creation of digital first content which is intended to be accessed in a non-linear fashion. This can include but is not limited to: video games, mobile content, e-learning content, XR experiences with substantial interactive content and digital publishing projects.
· Video Content (Linear): Creation of digital first content which is intended to be accessed in a linear fashion. This can include but is not limited to: web series, video content for online magazines, XR experiences with minimal interactive content, etc.
April 3, 2023 (by 5:00 PM ET)
August 28, 2023 (by 5:00 PM ET)
Guidelines and Application Process
Complete Guidelines (including eligibility criteria) and the link to the Online Application Portal (OAP) are posted on the Ontario Creates website:
· Concept Definition and Production
All applications must be submitted via the Ontario Creates Online Application Portal (OAP) .
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an Ontario Creates IDM Fund Information Session. Please complete the online registration form by 5:00 pm ET on the day prior to the Information Session.
Information Sessions (Registration Required):
March 8, 2023 2:00 PM ET
March 9, 2023 2:00 PM ET
· Budget Workshop and AMA Session:
March 15, 2022 2:00 PM ET
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Creates Information Session but require it be conducted in French please send a request to email@example.com and arrangements will be made to schedule an additional session on an alternate date.
If you are interested in participating in an Ontario Creates Information Session and have accessibility issues that need to be considered, please contact us as above.
For further information, please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact:
For Video Game Projects:
· Kim Gibson | Program Consultant – IDM
For Video, Web Series Projects:
· Danielle Hébert | Program Consultant – IDM
For Digital Publishing, E-Learning, Other Content
· Matt Hilliard-Forde | Program Consultant – IDM